Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Something New

This past weekend I finally watched the movie "Julie & Julia."  For those of who are unfamiliar with the movie, it is based the true story of a young professional woman, who, bored with her 9 - 5 job, decides to cook her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child.  The movie is based on the book of the same name, as well as Julia Child's autobiography "My Life in Paris."

This is one of those rare times where the movie is as good as the book (or my memory of the book, anyway).  And the movie was very motivating, in a way the book wasn't, in terms of blogging.  You see, the main character of the book and movie - Julie Powell - records her adventures in cooking in a blog.  What was motivating to me about watching this process is seeing how she poured her passion for cooking and for Julia Child into her writing, and how the focus of her blog was very specific - cooking her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and her adventures in doing so.

So I'm thinking I need to change things up here a little bit.  I know that I lack focus at times in my writing, and I want that to be different.  So from now on, this blog is a site that contains information on living well, which includes managing stress, improving your self-esteem, and successfully navigating life transitions.  As you can probably see already, I've changed the design of this blog a little bit.  What do you think?  I want to rename the blog too - something that is a little more catchy, and reflects my new focus.  But I'm drawing a blank at the moment.  Any idea?

Is anyone out there?  Is anyone reading this?  Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment