Monday, April 26, 2010

Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association

On Thursday and Friday of this week, April 29 and 30, I will be attending the Iowa Mental Health Counselors Assocation (IMHCA) 2010 Annual Conference in Des Moines, Iowa.  The theme this year is "Enhancing Effectiveness for Counseling Excellence" and the keynote speaker is Dr. Robert Wubbolding, Professor Emeritus of Xavier University and Director of the Center for Reality Therapy.  There are also some excellent breakout sessions scheduled, including "Broken Bonds and Broken Hearts: Understanding Attachment Issues in Traumatized Children and Adolescents" (Dee A. Paddock, LMHC, NCC) and "Healthy Adolescent Development: Helping Families Work Through Difficult Teenage Issues" (Kristen DeMoss-Schloemer, MA, LMHC, NCC). 

I look forward to sharing in my blog next week everything I learn, as well as sharing more about my role as Co-Editor of the IMHCA quarterly newsletter.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment